FAQ 2017-10-24T15:16:51+00:00
Spread the love

Frequently Asked  Questions

Suffolk County | Central Islip | New York

Question : I got s speeding ticket going 80 in a 55mph zone. I pled guilty by mail with an explanation but now they want a conference. They sent me a letter saying that i can’t pled by mail so this conference was made and i never heard of this before. I don’t know what will happen in this conference and i would like to be prepared before I go to this conference. This ticket has the potential of giving me 6 points on my license. I don’t know how much the ticket is there was no money value on the ticket itself. please help me.

Answer: If this is your first speeding ticket and it is that the Suffolk County traffic violation agency in Hauppauge if you hire a lawyer the ticket can be reduced down to a parking ticket with a fine. We can help you with that if you need some assistance contact my office. We regularly appear and the Suffolk County traffic ticket violation agency in Hauppauge.

Question : I was stop by the police and they found “one” pain pill for which i did not have prescription i.d. but i do have have prescription for pain meds. i was giving a d.a.t. for A misdemeanor/c.p.c.s.7th what i’m i look at in court ? a fine/time serve i bail out for $50.00 at police station.

Answer: You are being charged with a misdemeanor criminal possession in the 7th degree this is a misdemeanor. You will definitely need legal counsel. In all likelihood the case will be reduced to what is called an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal, basically you stay out of trouble for one year and the charges will be dismissed. My office represents individuals with these type of charges regularly.

Question : In the order there is a clause “subject to any subsequent supreme court or family court order of custody or visitation”. now i f I agree for refrain from order in family court and agree for joint custody and me having residential custody. Does my agreement give the abuser chance of coming and staying at the apartment we share?

Answer: Basically what that means is the person that you have the order of protection against obviously you have children together. The order of protection is against yourself. Does not mean that you can stop him from seeing the children if he goes and gets a order of visitation or if there is a divorce that provides for visitation. That’s basically what that means is it allows the other party to go and petition either Family Court or Supreme Court for visitation rights. The person cannot come into your property typically it would be curbside visitation whereby the person fix the child up at the curb of the property where you live.

Question: Is there any way of getting a new law guiden asap?

Answer: It is very difficult for you to get the law guardian remove from the case. Unless there is some type of conflict in the law guardian for the law guardian asks the court to be removed from the case those are the only possibility set the law guardian will change. It is very unlikely that either of these issues will occur. So you are pretty much going to have to work with the law guardian that you have. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need legal assistance in these type of cases we appear regularly in Family Court.

Shawn Kassman

Question: They were a referral from a friend so we did not build in late fees but also built in no grace period. Lease states, rent is due on the first. They have only paid on time once. They act very entitled and call us for every little thing, which we take care of right away. What are my options?

Answer: Basically you need to start a nonpayment action in landlord-tenant court regardless of whether the apartment is legal or not. The tenant may threaten to turn you into the town however this is a separate proceeding from landlord-tenant court. We would be in court pretty quickly with a nonpayment petition. Please let me know if you need my assistance although my office is in Central Islip we do many types of actions throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties most of the time I am retained via the Internet or you can come into my office. Please give me a call if you would like to speak with me or make an appointment.

See More Answers

Get a Free Consultation

Your Defense Starts

We rae serving in Huntington, Brookhaven, Babylon, Bayshore, blue point, Bohemia, Oakdale, Center Moriches, Centereach, Centerport, mastic, cold Spring Harbor, Commack, Northport, Coram, Deer Park, Hauppage, Islandia, Lake Grove, Manorville, Lindenhurst,, including Smithtown, Huntington, Brookhaven, Babylon, Bayshore, Islip, Amityville, Bayport, Bellport, Blue Point, Bohemia, Brentwood, Center Moriches, Centereach, Centerport, Central Islip, Cold Spring Harbor, Commack, Copiague, Coram, Deer Park, East Northport, East Setauket, Farmingdale, Farmingville, Greenlawn, Hauppauge, Holbrook, Holtsville, Huntington Station, Islandia, Kings Park, Lake Grove, Lake Ronkonkoma, Lindenhurst, Manorville, Mastic, Mastic Beach, Medford, Melville, Middle Island, Mt. Sinai, Nesconset, Northport, North Babylon, Patchogue, Port Jefferson, Port Jefferson Station, Ridge, Riverhead, Rocky Point, Ronkonkoma, St. James, Sayville, Selden, Setauket, Shirley, Shoreham, Sound Beach, Southold, Stony Brook, Wading River, West Sayville, West Islip, Woodbury, Wyandanch, Yaphank, Syosset, Jericho, Massapequa, Plainview, Brooklyn, Queens, Westchester, Staten Island, Orange County, and Manhattan.

© 2017 - Copyright by Kassman Law Offices. Website By Qcr Technologies Inc.